Symantec Endpoint Encryption (formerly Pretty Good Privacy, PGP)
Aquion were the distributors of PGP for eight years until they were bought out by Symantec in 2010. During this time Aquion established itself as a leading provider of encryption solutions with Australia’s leading PGP technical consultants. In recognition of our achievements with PGP Aquion was appointed as a Gold Partner Encryption and Enterprise Security and Small Medium Business Specialist.
Since being acquired by Symantec PGP has evolved into Symantec Desktop Encryption and more recently Symantec Endpoint Encryption. These evolutions have been the result of a changing security threat landscape with the latest iteration helping to address data loss. Endpoint encryption remains the core focus providing increased data security and peace of mind in the event of lost or stolen devices.
Symantec offers a variety of encryption options providing encryption capabilities across endpoints, email, desktops, file sharing and data-processing. With new legislation around data breaches coming into effect it is advisable for organisations to consider incorporating encryption into their security portfolio.
- Endpoint Encryption – Full-disk and removable media encryption for laptops, desktops and servers.
- Gateway Email Encryption – Automated email encryption at the gateway based on customisable policies.
- Desktop Email Encryption – Enables encryption immediately at the client, ensuring secure internal communications.
- File Share Encryption – Policy-enforced encryption for team collaborations.
- PGP Command Line – Automatically encrypt file transfers and data-processing applications.
For more information on Symantec Encryption options please reach out to one of our Symantec trained Business Development Managers.